NEW ORLEANS — A report released last week shows that while campus enrollments declined 3.2 percent from fall 2012 to fall 2015, distance education enrollments rose 11 percent. Private nonprofit institutions saw the biggest jump in online enrollments – 40 percent – during that time period.
April 2017 NewsCap
- WICHE Commission News
- WICHE Media Coverage
- WICHE Program and Initiative Updates
February 2017 NewsCap
- Record-setting enrollment, savings for WICHE’s student exchange programs
- New website for Knocking at the College Door projections and trends
- Upcoming meetings for chief academic officers of two- and four-year institutions and systems
- Interstate PassportSM initiative continues to scale up
December 2016 NewsCap
- 9th edition of Knocking at the College Door: Projections of High School Graduates released on December 6
- WICHE Commission elects new officers
- Record Western Undergraduate Exchange enrollments reported
- New tuition and fees and 2016 legislative actions reports available
- WCET webcast explores 2016 election results
August 2016 WICHE NewsCap
- WICHE President Joe Garcia begins his outreach to Western states.
- Eleven institutions in Hawai‘i, Utah, and Wyoming to begin awarding Interstate Passport this fall.
- Matt Freeman, Jim Hansen reappointed to WICHE Commission, and WCET Executive Council welcomes two new members.
- Aspiring chief academic officers from WICHE states begin yearlong professional development program.
- Registration now open for Interstate Passport webinars, WCET Annual Meeting, and workshop for state authorization compliance managers.
June 2016 WICHE NewsCap
- Joe Garcia assumes presidency of WICHE.
- WICHE region’s Pacific Islands membership now includes Guam.
- The latest data on college tuition and fees in Western states.
- 31 new high-quality graduate programs available through WRGP.
- Key elements of Interstate Passport Framework now in place.
- New from WCET: distance education enrollment, open educational resources, academic integrity.
March 2016 WICHE NEWSCAP
- Nearly 38,000 students benefitting from WICHE exchange programs in 2015-16.
- Six new states now working on development of Interstate Passport.
- WCET report looks at policies, practices affecting adjunct faculty teaching online.
- ACCN webinar focuses on advising adult learners.
January 2016 WICHE NewsCap
- Message from WICHE President David Longanecker
- Upcoming summit, webinars focused on connecting credentials
- 2015 WCET awards for eLearning leadership and innovation
- Impact of high school mentoring programs in Alaska, Idaho
- New WICHE Commission appointees
WICHE NewsCap, November 2015
- Joseph Garcia selected to succeed David Longanecker as WICHE president
- WICHE Commission elects 2016 officers
- WICHE awarded $2.99 million federal grant to expand Interstate Passport
- Policy Insight: Forging stronger links between the public workforce system and postsecondary education
- New cost-saving options for purchasing hardware products and services
- WICHE wins grant for work focused on diversifying the biomedical sciences workforce
- NANSLO: “A game changer for online science education”
- New cost-saving options for purchasing hardware, software, and property insurance
- Nine WICHE commissioners embark on new terms
- Upcoming WCET webcasts on accessibility issues
- WICHE releases its latest annual survey of tuition and fees in Western states
- WICHE Chairman Mike Rush chosen to lead South Dakota University System
- W-SARA participation grows to 11 states and 102 institutions
- New report focuses on adult degree-completion efforts