February 2017 NewsCap
- Record-setting enrollment, savings for WICHE’s student exchange programs
- New website for Knocking at the College Door projections and trends
- Upcoming meetings for chief academic officers of two- and four-year institutions and systems
- Interstate PassportSM initiative continues to scale up
- 9th edition of Knocking at the College Door: Projections of High School Graduates released on December 6
- WICHE Commission elects new officers
- Record Western Undergraduate Exchange enrollments reported
- New tuition and fees and 2016 legislative actions reports available
- WCET webcast explores 2016 election results
August 2016 WICHE NewsCap
- WICHE President Joe Garcia begins his outreach to Western states.
- Eleven institutions in Hawai‘i, Utah, and Wyoming to begin awarding Interstate Passport this fall.
- Matt Freeman, Jim Hansen reappointed to WICHE Commission, and WCET Executive Council welcomes two new members.
- Aspiring chief academic officers from WICHE states begin yearlong professional development program.
- Registration now open for Interstate Passport webinars, WCET Annual Meeting, and workshop for state authorization compliance managers.
June 2016 WICHE NewsCap
- Joe Garcia assumes presidency of WICHE.
- WICHE region’s Pacific Islands membership now includes Guam.
- The latest data on college tuition and fees in Western states.
- 31 new high-quality graduate programs available through WRGP.
- Key elements of Interstate Passport Framework now in place.
- New from WCET: distance education enrollment, open educational resources, academic integrity.
March 2016 WICHE NEWSCAP
- Nearly 38,000 students benefitting from WICHE exchange programs in 2015-16.
- Six new states now working on development of Interstate Passport.
- WCET report looks at policies, practices affecting adjunct faculty teaching online.
- ACCN webinar focuses on advising adult learners.
January 2016 WICHE NewsCap
- Message from WICHE President David Longanecker
- Upcoming summit, webinars focused on connecting credentials
- 2015 WCET awards for eLearning leadership and innovation
- Impact of high school mentoring programs in Alaska, Idaho
- New WICHE Commission appointees
WICHE NewsCap, November 2015
- Joseph Garcia selected to succeed David Longanecker as WICHE president
- WICHE Commission elects 2016 officers
- WICHE awarded $2.99 million federal grant to expand Interstate Passport
- Policy Insight: Forging stronger links between the public workforce system and postsecondary education
- New cost-saving options for purchasing hardware products and services
- WICHE wins grant for work focused on diversifying the biomedical sciences workforce
- NANSLO: “A game changer for online science education”
- New cost-saving options for purchasing hardware, software, and property insurance
- Nine WICHE commissioners embark on new terms
- Upcoming WCET webcasts on accessibility issues
- WICHE releases its latest annual survey of tuition and fees in Western states
- WICHE Chairman Mike Rush chosen to lead South Dakota University System
- W-SARA participation grows to 11 states and 102 institutions
- New report focuses on adult degree-completion efforts
- Update on Phase II of Interstate Passport Initiative
- Montana’s Pat Williams, New Mexico’s Barbara Damron appointed to WICHE Commission
- New data on distance education enrollment patterns
- Growing number of states, institutions participating in W-SARA
- Focus of WCET Leadership Summit in June in Santa Fe: adaptive learning
- Dave Longanecker’s slant on developmental education trends
- Participation in W-SARA continues to grow
- Western Undergraduate Exchange posts record enrollments
- Policy brief examines Multistate Longitudinal Data Exchange beginnings
- Upcoming WICHE and WCET meetings and webcasts on tap