Membership in the Forum
The Western Academic Leadership Forum provides a unique venue where the West’s top academic leaders share perspectives on current issues to help inform their future decision making and leadership, as well as engage in planning and developing innovative regional initiatives addressing common concerns. Through the Forum, you will find colleagues eager to share the lessons they’ve learned from tackling challenges like the ones you’re facing and others with special expertise who will lend you expert advice and assistance. Together, we will help build a stronger future for higher education in the West.
- An active listserv for instant access to advice from your colleagues across the region
- Complimentary registration fee for each member’s official representative attending the Forum.
- Discounted registration fee for guests of the official representative who are staff with special expertise or responsibility in the Forum’s topic.
- Opportunity to participate in and lead innovative initiatives addressing regional concerns.
- Chance to serve on the Forum's Executive Committee if selected as the state representative.
- Access to a very knowledgeable and helpful network of colleagues who can serve as an invaluable resource year round.
- Opportunity to recommend candidates for participation in the Western Academic Leadership Academy.
Each member appoints an official representative to the Western Academic Leadership Forum. From the pool of official representatives in each state, one is selected to serve on the 15-member Executive Committee.