- BROWSE INITIATIVES
- BY INTEREST GROUP
- BY PRIORITY ISSUE
- BY WICHE DEPARTMENT
- BY WICHE STATE
- ALPHA LIST ALL
- PROJECT ARCHIVE
- WICHE REGION
- NEWS ROOM
- ABOUT US
- WICHE DIRECTORY
- ASK WICHE
Regionally accredited two- and four -year institutions, higher education consortia, system offices and state agencies in the WICHE region and beyond can join WICHE ICE. Together, these members are finding new ways to provide more cost-effective access to high quality online learning opportunities to their students.
WICHE ICE membership can help your institution respond to student demand for specialized and popular courses and programs. By joining WICHE ICE, your institution will:
- offer expanded online course and program offerings to students.
- respond more quickly to workforce demands by sharing online courses and programs with other accredited institutions.
- review courses from member institutions for requirements and assess their quality before students take them.
Beyond more opportunities for students, institutions will also:
- increase marginal revenue for courses that are not filled to capacity.
- support effective student learning, assessment and continuous improvement.
- achieve cost efficiencies by avoiding or sharing the cost of new course and program development.
- share faculty in hard to staff disciplines.
- keep courses with low enrollments viable.
WICHE ICE benefits students by providing:
- convenient and flexible access to a wider range of courses, academic programs and faculty expertise in a variety of disciplines.
- seamless financial aid and credit transfer.
- opportunities to take courses that can help them graduate faster and avoid having to register at multiple institutions.
- academic advising at their home institution.
- information on how a course will be credited toward their degree before they enroll.
States and regions involved in WICHE ICE will:
- respond more quickly to workforce demands by offering online courses and programs collaboratively.
- help more people take advantage of higher education opportunities.
Faculty members at WICHE ICE member institutions will have opportunities to:
- teach in their area of expertise to a broader range of students.
- collaborate with faculty at other member institutions.
- assist students with the selection of distance courses and programs.
- teach more specialty courses that are made possible by combining enrollments from more than one institution.
Joining WICHE ICE
3035 Center Green Drive
Boulder, CO 80305